Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring can really hang you up the most. . .



After the longest winter of my life I must say I have never been happier to be in Oregon and live in the house I call home. The Garden is looking better than ever!

The thought of getting older has never bothered me until two weeks ago. I have had some real back pain issues, actually the worse pain I've ever experienced. So, I scheduled an appointment with a new doctor at my Medical Clinic last Monday to check it out. Well come to find out my back is the least of my worries. I have extremely (scary) high blood pressure and am now on medication to get it under control. By her request I bought a blood pressure machine and have started recording my blood pressure daily. As sad as all this makes me I understand I can reverse it and use this as an excuse to get my health back to where it was years ago. This will include quitting smoking, seriously. It all ties back to my post below about being huge. So my new, wonderfully nagging doctor is going to see me every few weeks to help me live my best life. Mark my words, "Sweeney will get his groove back!"

My doctor: She's young and hip, has great fashion sense, is very tough and you know I can't say no to a strong, intelligent powerful woman, with class. I won't get away with anything.

After being home for nearly 14 hours and seeing the beautiful gardens and the kitties I feel blessed and want to make sure I have a long healthy life for years to come.

No comments: