Friday, February 13, 2009

My Grandma



Above is a picture from the deck on the ferry I road on from Vancouver, BC to Nanaimo, BC on Wednesday. For the hour and a half on the boat all I thought about was my Grandma as she exposed me to the ferries back when I was kid. Her name is Ann Piccolotti. We took a trip in the eighties from Seattle, WA to Whidbey Island, I think I was ten. My Grandma always took me to new places and we had such great adventures. This was my first trip to Seattle and I remember being in awe of the tall buildings and the water. She is still alive and living with my Aunt Tony and her partner Wanda in Florida. Grandma has severe dementia, which has saddened me. As I finish my 36th year I reflect on all the people in my life that loved me unconditionally. She will always be number one on my list of favorite humans, and I regret any poor judgements I made that she had to deal with. God bless her and all grandparents that helped raise us. I also miss my Grandpa. I so wish I could talk with him now and discuss politics and the social condition of our society. He was a wise man and I wish I had tapped into the wisdom rather than being selfish and not paying attention. My hope and resolution is to be more grateful. Love your elders.

No comments: