Sunday, February 8, 2009

Banff, Alberta Canada



During my last two weeks in Canada I had the pleasure to visit the Canadian Rockies. Above is an ice sculpture sign we found in Lake Louise. I got the lucky end of the stick. The other guys were in frigid rural towns. I spent the last three weeks with a fellow Manager, Laurie. I can safely say we are now friends and the best road warriors ever!! Here's us with Kirby, such a cute and fun pup.



Here's me after supper in the Banff Springs Hotel. Check of the scenery behind me, this was my view during the meal. I am not one to be overwhelmed with mountains and valleys as I grew up in the Northwest, but this took my breath away. I had the best Mac and Cheese ever. It was made with a delightful truffle sauce, came with grilled cheese sandwiches and served with homemade Ketchup. The Canadians love their ketchup! Over the years I've eaten Mac and Cheese with ketchup, so I was very pleased. Dessert was Chocolate and banana bread pudding with an amazing chocolate sauce and fruit. I also like this photo because I look thin.



Me after dinner outside the Banff Springs Hotel. . . Check out my new wool coat I bought just for my time in Canada. . .



We stayed at the Rundle Lodge, a wonderful place. We got a great deal as it's the slow season and the economy is not doing too well up there. . .



Some Rocky Mountains. . .









It's been so stressful, but side trips like this and a little retail therapy makes it all worth it. You all must visit Banff sometime in your lifetime. Amazing!!

Oh, I just joined Facebook. This too is amazing and so much fun!! I've found so many long lost peeps. Off to Vancouver Island, BC on Tuesday. Can't wait to visit Victoria!!

No comments: