Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kids In The Hall


Kids in the Hall, remember them? They are a sketch comedy group that had a show in the late 1980's and early 1990's on FOX I think, much like Saturday Night Live. Well they performed live this last Sunday at the Arlene Schnitzer Hall here in Portland and I was in the audience. Besides a little vertigo I experienced (we were sitting on the mezzanine) it was so much fun! They performed all the great characters, including Chickenlady and Scott performed Buddy, naturally. I wasn't a huge fan during their heyday, however have become a fan since living with Jim as he owns a few box sets. I was so hoping for Elizabeth of Windsor, no such luck. The night was spent with Jim, Todd and Nathaniel. Here are some pictures. . . including one of Todd squishing Nathaniel's and my head. If you have seen KITH you'll know what that's all about. Hey if you all run across the movie Death at a Funeral at the DVD store, rent it. Laugh out loud British film. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

Sean Sweeney said...

One of these days I'll figure out how to arrange the photos the way I want them to appear.

vidablue said...

The Kids in the Hall are the best that Canada has to offer....Unless you count 12$ packs of American Ciggs...

Top 5 best alltime Sketch comedy shows..... (besides the Kids)

1.) "The State" (MTV)
2.) "Mr. Show" (HBO)
3.) "Chappelle Show (Comedy Central)
4.) "In Living Color" (Fox)
5.) "Saturday Night Live" (NBC)