Saturday, November 29, 2008

Brussels Sproutapalooza

<

Thanksgiving 2008 for me was spent at the home of my friends Sara and Matthew and their family. The whole day was wonderful. The holidays will never be the same without my family, but this is the closest I can get to family. What makes this Thanksgiving one of the ones that makes it to my top five is the theme: We were all tasked to prepare a Brussels Sprouts dish, and yes we were judged. I loved the structure, believe it or not. We had name placards, given ballots and were served one dish at a time. What a marvelous idea to be served one dish at a time. It makes the dinner last a long time which made for lots of interesting conversation.

I am so happy to know these peeps and figured out tonight that I have known Matthew the longest of all the folks in attendance. He and Sara are my longest remaining friends. I have allowed myself to reflect on these connections. All of my old Roseburg and Christian friends disowned me years ago. You all know why, although I still can't figure out why. I am the same Sweeney!

Below is the group, except for me (the moratorium is still in place of photos of me). . .



Sara's Fabulous table setting. . .



Matthew had the difficult task of not only preparing the meat, but cutting it as well. . . I have no idea how this tasted, but according to everyone else it was fabulous. . .



I am so thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat thing. Love the sprout idea. Love the blog. It's good to know someone else loves Hedwig.