Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gracie








Okay. Either I am becoming more of a loner or a lesbian, which ever I brought home a new addition to the family. Let me introduce you all to Gracie, named after a certain company's Virtual Travel Assistant as she was found at my agency in Ontario, OR. I kinda felt like Madonna adopting a baby in the desert. You can imagine what a crazy drive home (6 hours) I had last Sunday. Oh my. Never again. It's going to be local adoption this point forward. Oh goodness I write as if there will be another. The first two days were difficult, but knowing I'd be home for over a week I thought it would give me enough time to assimilate the little girl, without putting all the burden on Jim. Jim and I took her and Cappy to the Vet on Tuesday. She's healthy and had all her shots. She was a bit under the weather and a psychopath the following two days and I was afraid I had made a horrible mistake in bringing her home. I am very pleased to report that all is good again, except that Cappy has all but disappeared, hiding in the basement, where he never ventures. I feel bad for him. He's almost 9 years old now and I am sure has had enough of me and Jim bringing home more cats. I have also decided not to allow him outside as I worry he may succumb to Sebastian's fate. So I am sure he's really pissed. The twins are finally accepting Gracie. Bianca is still having a few issues, but Katherine has been sorta friendly. They have all started playing. Again I must say that I don't know how all the new moms and dads of human babies do it?? How?? I am so impressed with all you parents out there. Here's are some pictures. Gracie, Katherine alone, and Bianca and Gracie at the litter boxes negotiating a truce.

No comments: