Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Friend



Hey! What a great weekend this last weekend. I saw a hilarious play, met a new friend, and spent a day with Melissa, Adam and Oscar.



First, on Friday Jim and I saw The Little Dog Laughed at Portland Center Stage with Marcia and Michelle. What a fun night of theatre. Brilliant production! Very funny. I am sure it'll be a movie soon, as it was just like watching TV. Those of you who don't go see plays, you must! Nothing like live acting.


Second, on Saturday I spent all day in Downtown Portland with my new friend Takako, who's from Japan. She road Amtrak from Tacoma to Portland. She really should have taken the other transportation company serving Tacoma and Portland, but I won't go into that. Jessica, living in Tac, WA with her husband Steven and two children, asked if I'd entertain Takako during her vacation to the NW of the US, and I did. This was the last leg of her trip. We spent 1.5 hours waiting on Broadway for the Grand Floral Parade. We found our spot early as I thought it would be far more crowded. Sorry Takako. Regardless we got to know each other very well. I am always impressed when someone is funny in another language, other than their own. The Rose Festival parade made me proud to live in such a great city. After the parade we had lunch at the Saturday Market and shopped. I bought some toys for kitties, which they love. Here's a photo of Takako holding the American flag, which was given to me by a charity. Should we be proud of our country? I am proud you all nominated Obama!

Lastly, on Sunday I spent the afternoon with Melissa, Adam and Oscar. What a peaceful day. As a perpetual bachelor I am always overwhelmed when I hang out with a baby or children. Still overwhelmed three days later. What great parents. I've added a photo of Oscar in his pink onesie, which Jim gave to Oscar. Melissa and Adam dressed Oscar this way in honor of my visit. I hope they are okay with me publishing this photo. I really, really hope Oscar won't mind when he's like 18.



Writing this from Hermiston, OR. Sean's road is his home, his home is the road.

No comments: